The expectation of a client from an accountant is to have great organizational skills and a high degree of precision but there is more to be an exceptional practitioner apart from these two steps.
The basic qualities of a professional accountant are believed to be extremely precise, with a keen eye for details, and a high amount of practical apprehension.
The list below tells us about the necessary traits which are required to become a good accountant:
• Should possess extraordinary time management skills: These days, financial advisory firms in Mumbaiare playing a crucial role in contributing to strategic decision-making processes.
• Should possess impeccable organizing skills: Accountants should be able to organize their work in such a way so as to maximize productivity. Suppose, some company is opening a branch office in India; that company has to have certain things ready, such as –KYC of shareholders holding more than 10% equity, FNC1, certification of incorporation, latest proof of identity of all the directors etc. These are to be set up and organized in a sequential manner which is expected out of an accountant.
• He/She must pay attention to every detail: An eye for the details and due assiduity for accuracy must be a portion of their habituated work life.
• Should be focused on the client: An accountant not only deals with numbers but also with clients. Suppose the accountant is dealing with the part of tax consultancy body of his/her organization, then he/she must work closely with the clients around the year so as to ensure client tax liability is minimized. Direct tax consultants in Mumbai are abundant and hence they undergo competition according to the best service provider.
• Should be committed: Accountants should commit themselves to his/her sector. Companies are looking for individuals who will be in a permanent position; hence, commitment is expected from that personnel.
• Should be having great communication skills: That’s correct! Great communication skills are a must for an accountant as he/she has to deal with clients on daily basis. They can use various data visualization forms to assist their communication effort.
• Collaborative skills: They must have the skills of maintaining team efforts. They basically work in a team and provide support to different departments in their organizations thereby making collaborative skills a must-have attribute!
An accountant must be flexible in his/her work and be open to challenges. In today'sworld, offices change at a rapid pace hence they should be able to adapt and make the best out of complicated situations.